[mail-vet-discuss] Proposed "header.b" tag for DKIM signatures

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Wed Mar 24 13:45:35 PDT 2010

On 03/24/2010 01:10 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, it seemed vaguely familiar. The reason I ask is because any IETF effort is almost
by definition a big undertaking, so having a pressing and compelling need and a largish
constituency are usually table stakes. I guess I wonder who that constituency is here, and
whether it's really large enough to get over the ietf energy barrier.

I just read through the draft and I still don't see the "why" that I'm curious about.
I understand the problem itself, but the why I'm asking about is more of "why is
this an actual problem faced by implementations". Ie, is this something that causing
trouble out in the field? Part of this is my own ignorance about how people are actually
using auth-res, I admit.

Mike