[mail-vet-discuss] -19 of draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Jan 13 06:52:21 PST 2009

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Doug Otis wrote:
>> [SPF/Sender ID debate omitted]
>
> The draft points out in its Security Considerations (section 7.7) that issues
> which may exist in the message evaluation methods it covers apply here as
> well, and admonishes implementors to be aware of them.  The context of
> this draft is not the place to re-open those old debates.
>
> That this draft names SPF and Sender-ID as current methods does not
> endorse or promote them.

Murray,

While I think no response was necessary, since Doug's note continues to utter
the same concerns he always has, if you really felt compelled to respond, I wish
you note had ended here.

There is no benefit in responding to material that is outside the scope of this
effort, is not new and has no support.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker