[mail-vet-discuss] -19 of draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Jan 13 06:52:21 PST 2009

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Doug Otis wrote:
>> [SPF/Sender ID debate omitted]
> The draft points out in its Security Considerations (section 7.7) that issues
> which may exist in the message evaluation methods it covers apply here as
> well, and admonishes implementors to be aware of them.  The context of
> this draft is not the place to re-open those old debates.
> That this draft names SPF and Sender-ID as current methods does not
> endorse or promote them.

While I think no response was necessary, since Doug's note continues to utter
the same concerns he always has, if you really felt compelled to respond, I wish
you note had ended here.

There is no benefit in responding to material that is outside the scope of this
effort, is not new and has no support.

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking