[mail-vet-discuss] Re: Auth-Results issues? #8 secton 5.1

Murray S. Kucherawy msk at sendmail.com
Thu Apr 27 12:35:51 PDT 2006

Tony Hansen wrote:
> I'd be quite happy if it were dropped. I'm not demanding it, however, if
> people can come up with reasonable language.

I'd still like to at least say something.  I think the absence of MUA
recognition of this header is an issue.  We can add as many warning headers as
we want to spoofed messages, but if the MUAs don't do anything with that
information then the utility of the headers' contents is crippled.

How about something like:

Legacy MUAs

	An important factor to the usefulness of this proposal is adoption
	by Mail User Agents (MUAs) of some method by which the information
	the headers contain is relayed to users to indicate the validity
	of the message.  The lag time between publication of this standard
	and widespread adoption by MUAs will require careful consideration
	by those making use of authentication methods which relay their
	results using this header.