[mail-vet-discuss] Auth-Results issues? #7 section 4.1

Arvel Hathcock arvel.hathcock at altn.com
Tue Mar 28 11:59:06 PST 2006

 >    		Naturally then, users would not activate such a
 >    feature unless they are certain the header will be added by the
 >    receiving MTA that accepts the mail which is ultimately read by the
 >    MUA, and instances of the header added by foreign MTAs will be
 >    removed before delivery.
 >
 > Where does it say that foreign A-Rs are to be removed? I don't see
 > that anywhere in the spec.

I think you're right.

If MUA's:

(a) merely check for the existance of AR (and ignore the hostname) then
all AR headers MUST be stripped from incoming messages (I guess unless
the MUA is programmed only to look at the top-most and that one is added
by the local MTA)

(b) search for an AR that matches a known hostname then nothing needs to
be stripped except AR's with that hostname on incoming mail

These are the two options that I can see.

--
Arvel