[mail-vet-discuss] Auth-Results issues #1

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Wed Mar 22 11:59:51 PST 2006

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> OK guys, let's hear 'em.

I have many issues with the Authentication-Results specification as it
now stands. I'll be writing a series of messages for different issues.

First a couple of nits.

There should be an indication somewhere that this header is on the
standards track.

I've gone round and round in my mind with what to do with this paragraph
in Section 1:
   At the time of publication of this draft, only [AUTH] is a published
   sender authentication standard.  However, several more are in the
   Internet Draft stage.  As various methods emerge, it is necessary to
   prepare their appearance and encourage convergence in the area of
   interfacing these filters to MUAs.

It's good sales pitch, but I don't think it should really belong in the
final version of the RFC. I suggest that it be marked as a "Note (to be
removed on publication)". Also, change "prepare their" to "prepare for
their".

	Tony Hansen
	tony at att.com