[mail-vet-discuss] list management and invitees

J.D. Falk jdfalk at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Mar 9 11:13:16 PST 2006

On 2006-03-09 10:55, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Dave Crocker wrote:
>> should the list be open to all comers?  should its existence and archive be
>> public?
>>
>> offlist, please send me suggestions for who to 'invite' to the list.
>
> I'd say it should be open for now (the IESG won't like the idea of
> "consensus" established on a closed list).  I'd also like to announce its
> presence at least to estg-general, and maybe ietf-dkim.  Objections?

As long as the announcement includes a clear description of the purpose
of the list -- clear enough for any halfway sane person to know that
this isn't the place to gripe incessantly about SPF and DNS, to pick one
entirely random example -- that's fine by me.

I actually don't have much to say on the Authentication-Results: draft
except that it's way past time to make it a standard.  Yahoo! is already
using it quite happily.

--
J.D. Falk, Anti-Spam Product Manager
Yahoo! Communications Platform Team