[ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal
barryleiba.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 15:16:21 PDT 2009
>> > * Advance the base DKIM protocol (RFC 4871) to Draft Standard.
> The base DKIM protocol is updated by RFC 5672. In my opinion RFC
> 4871 cannot be advanced to Draft Standard status without RFC 5672.
As Stephen says, the intent has always been to roll 5671 into 4871.
That was one reason we wanted to get 5672 done as quickly as possible,
so that the six-month timer wouldn't get in our way. By the time
we're ready to have 4871bis out as DS, if that's what we decide to do,
the text in 5672 will be mature enough to include in it. I will
re-word that bullet to say "4871 + 5672".
>> > * Collect data on the deployment and interoperability of the
>> > Author Domain Signing Practices protocol (RFC 5617), and
>> > determine if/when it's ready to advance on the standards track.
>> > Update it at Proposed Standard or advance it to Draft Standard,
>> > as appropriate.
> I cannot support advancing RFC 5617 to Draft Standard.
That's fine. That work item doesn't say we'll do that. It says that
after more time, and data collection and analysis, we will decide
what's appropriate (and see the message I just posted in response to
Are you saying that you can't support a charter that even has the
working group *consider* DS for ADSP?
More information about the ietf-dkim