[ietf-dkim] Progressing ADSP (Was: Re: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-06 (fwd))

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Mon Sep 22 14:02:41 PDT 2008

+1 on moving forward with draft-ietf-dkim-ssp.

After re-reading it afresh, a couple nits are noted below.

	Tony Hansen
	tony at att.com

    Please replace RFC 2821 with draft-klensin-rfc2821bis. The latter is
    in AUTH48 to be published as RFC 5321 and will obsolete 2821.
    Changing it now will guarantee that it will get fixed up to be the
    proper reference during ADSP's AUTH48.

    Please replace RFC 2821 with draft-resnick-2822upd. The latter is in
    AUTH48 to be published as RFC 5322 and will obsolete 2822. Changing
    it now will guarantee that it will get fixed up to be the proper
    reference during ADSP's AUTH48.

    Section 2.7, 1st para, missing conjunction:

    < 							Following
    <   [RFC2821], Local-part comparisons are case sensitive, domain
    <   comparisons are case insensitive.
    --
    > 							Following
    >   [RFC2821], Local-part comparisons are case sensitive, and domain
    >   comparisons are case insensitive.

    Section 4.1, 3rd para, missing space:

    <   ADSP records MUST NOT be published at any location other than
    <   the_adsp._domainkey subdomain of the domain for which they are
    --
    >   ADSP records MUST NOT be published at any location other than
    >   the _adsp._domainkey subdomain of the domain for which they are

    Section 4.2.1, 1st para, should eliminate record starting with
"dkimXYZ=":
    <   practices tag, so the first four characters of the record are
    <   lower case "dkim".
    --
    >   practices tag, so the first four characters of the record are
    >   lower case "dkim", followed by optional whitespace and "=".

    Section 4.2.1, 6th para, clarity:
    <   a path without access to a signing key, or other reason, the