[ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-04 (fwd)
johnl at iecc.com
Wed Jul 2 09:42:46 PDT 2008
At long last, here's a new, I hope final, version of the SSP draft.
Notable changes include:
* The name is now ADSP, Author Domain Signing Practices
* Per straw poll, the one-level tree walk is gone. The flags field in the
ADSP record is gone, too, since there's no longer any flags.
* Per what I hope is group consensus, lookup process is simplified to say
that clients MUST do the NXDOMAIN check and MAY do more extensive checks
to see if a domain exists, and if it doesn't, ADSP doesn't apply.
* Address matching clarified to say that when comparing the author address
to the signature address, Local-part matches are case sensitive, domain
matches are not (that's consistent with RFC 821/2821), beyond that it's
just a string match, in case anyone expected CNAME resolution or other
* Discussion of wildcards redone to match lookup procedure. I'm pretty
sure it's right, so if you disagree, please be specific.
* Whitespace in ABNF is changed from WSP back to FWS, to make it
consistent with the DKIM spec. (WSP makes more sense on its own, but I
think we agree that consistency wins.)
* Lots of minor cleanup to remove unused definitions and the like.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <idsubmission at ietf.org>
A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-04.txt has been successfuly submitted by John Levine and posted to the IETF repository.
Title: DKIM Author Domain Signing Practices (ADSP)
WG ID: dkim
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) defines a domain-level
authentication framework for email to permit verification of the
source and contents of messages. This document specifies an adjunct
mechanism to aid in assessing messages that do not contain a DKIM
signature for the domain used in the author's address. It defines a
record that can advertise whether they sign their outgoing mail, and
how other hosts can access those records.
The IETF Secretariat.
More information about the ietf-dkim