[dkim-ops] No signature on incoming mail

Ernie Grossmann ernieg92 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 13:32:39 PDT 2010

I'm using a basic Ubuntu Server 9.10 x64 installation with Postfix/Amavis/DKIM setup.  My outgoing mail is signed fine.  However, the incoming mail doesn't appear to be.

99.9% of the mail comes in with this in the mail log:
<code>
dkim-filter[1626]: 07CF5134C5: no signature data
</code>

I did have one come in with this in the log:
<code>
dkim-filter[1626]: CD2CCD95 ADSP query: syntax error in policy data
dkim-filter[1626]: CD2CCD95: no signature data
</code>

and another one with this one (and this is the one that makes me wonder about DNS resolution):
<code>
	dkim-filter[1626]: 7E6FDD95 ADSP query: timeout DNS query for `d49.org'
dkim-filter[1626]: 7E6FDD95: no signature data
</code>

This error comes from the header of an email from gmail user:
<code>
	domainkeys=softfail (invalid, public key: DNS query timeout for gamma._domainkey.gmail.com)
</code>

Do most senders *NOT* use DK or DKIM signatures?  Do I have a problem with my DNS?  How can I troubleshoot/fix?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Ernie Grossmann