[dkim-ops] Two-part DNS again

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Nov 6 11:14:49 PST 2008

> I've never seen TXT fragmentation done by the DNS at its discretion.  It's
> always based on fragmentation in the zone file, i.e. what the user did.

Right.  A buglet in my DNS software produced valid but unusual TXT records
with chunks of 127 rather than 255 bytes.

> What's the goal of the experiment?

To see if I really did find a lot of bugs in people's verifiers.  I
believe that when I used 127 byte chunks, I saw a lot of verification
failures, and when I changed it to use 255 byte chunks, the verifiers were
happy.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Cambridge UK