[taugh.com-johnl] Re: [feedback-report] How's that revised ARF draft coming along?

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon May 7 12:14:23 PDT 2007

J.D. Falk wrote:
> On 2007-05-05 21:52, John R Levine wrote:
>
>>> Any idea on what is left to do for it, aside for editing, etc? Where
>>> there any features that need to be added?
>>
>> As far as I know, it's just editing.  I might want to add another
>> couple of report types for use in spam/not-spam feedback to one's own
>> ISP, but it's not urgent.

I suggest NOT adding anything for which there is not an already demonstrated
strong need.  Instead, report types can be a registry, so that other values
can be added as needed.

> Seems like the part of the story which fits into an RFC has been
> complete for a while, and any future efforts will revolve around
> explaining everything else.

I'm inclined to suggest request publishing this as an Informational RFC, to
avoid the hassles of standardization.  If ARF gains a wide enough base, it's
easy to revisit this.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker